WEBINAR: LIGHTEN THE LOAD – THE IMPORTANCE OF MSD AWARENESS
ENSHPO webinar: Lighten the Load – the importance of MSD awareness.
Date: 15th December 2022
14:00 – 15:00 (CET) / 13:00 – 14:00 (GMT)
The European Network of Safety and Health Professional’s Organizations (ENSHPO) is delighted to bring you the sixth in an annual programme of webinars on a range of topics of mutual interest to EHS professionals across Europe.
ENSHPO was established in 2001 under the umbrella of the European Agency for Health and Safety at Work (EU-OSHA), acting for and on behalf of all European countries, ENSHPO is the leading voice of Environmental, Health and Safety professionals in Europe to promote EHS standards at work and engage with decision makers and regulators. IOSH is a proud member of the network.
Millions of workers across Europe suffer from work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
According to data from the sixth European Working Conditions Survey, about three in every five workers in the European Union report MSD complaints, most commonly backache and pains in the upper limbs.
As the EU-OSHA Healthy Workplaces Campaign ‘Lighten the Load’ comes to an end after an engaging and educational 2 years from 2020 – 2022, ENSHPO are delighted to bring together members and Partners to reflect on the initiative and discuss how to approach reducing MSDs in workplaces and examples of best practice.
Hosted by Ms. Mireya Rifa Fabregat, ENSHPO President, we are delighted to welcome three speakers to share their insights into the how the issue of MSDs has been approached across Europe:
– Mr. Lorenzo Munar, Project Manager EU-OSHA.
– Dr. Szabò Gyula. Board Member of The Federation of European Ergonomic Societies
– Dr. Nadja Schilling, ISSA International Section on Prevention in Transportation
In this webinar you will learn:
- The importance of assessing and tackling MSDs for a healthy and productive workforce
- How the changing world of work, and the changing way in which people work, affects workers health, in particular MSDs.
- Best practice examples of MSDs have been tackled in workplaces, and the benefits to employers and employees.